Everyone wants a winner! When mare owners are choosing a stallion, they are looking for an outstanding individual to sire their future champion. When people are looking to purchase a young horse, not only are they looking at the bloodlines, they are looking for the potential of the horse.
Nominating your stallion to the Canadian Supreme Breeders Group program is a way to improve the number and quality of mares in your stallions court.
Here is how the Canadian Supreme Breeders Group program works:
- Stallion owners must nominate their stallions every year by July 1st (of the year that he has yearlings on the ground) for $800.
- The stallion owner provides a 2015 breeding report, which lists the mares that produced foals that are yearlings in 2017.
- The mare owners are contacted by the Canadian Supreme and are made aware of the opportunity provided by the stallion owner and should they choose, they will nominate their yearlings into the program for a fee of $100 for each yearling. The deadline for 2017 yearling nominations is December 31, 2017.
- The money from stallion and yearling nominations is put into term deposits and will be the purse for the 2019 Canadian Supreme 3 and 4 year old classes.
- Owners of nominated horses enter the Futurity classes in their 3 year old year.
Each year the Canadian Supreme awards the leading sire in each discipline with a free stallion nomination for the following year. The following stallions will receive a free nomination in 2017:
- Leading Cutting Sire – Dually Cat, owned by Gerry Sandy Hansma
- Leading Cow Horse Sire – High Sign Nugget, owned by Jim Dobler & Heather McLevin
- Leading Reining Sire – Hesa Smart Chic, owned by Locke & Deb Duce and Jeff & Jesse Beckley
The Junior Stallion Program is for stallions whose offspring are not yet yearlings. The cost is $250 per year and they receive the same advertising and promotion as senior stallions.
The following classes pertain to the 2017 Canadian Supreme Classes:
- 3 year olds Open and Non Pro Cutting Futurity
- 3 year olds Open and Non Pro Snaffle Bit Futurity
- 3 year olds Open and Non Pro Reining Futurtiy
- 4 year olds Open and Non Pro Cutting Maturity
- 4 year olds Open and Non Pro Snaffle Bit/Hackamore
- 4 year olds Open and Non Pro Reining Derby
Canadian Supreme stallions will be showcased at the Canadian Supreme Trade Fair.
Deadlines for 2017 are:
- Stallions – July 1, 2017
- Yearlings – December 31, 2017
2017 Printable Forms: